Costa Rica has mountain destinations, relaxation and closeness to nature recognized worldwide, so we recommend five that you can not miss in your visit to Costa Rica.
When you think about vacations and going out for a walk, the first thing that comes to mind is sun, sand and beach. However, if it is what you prefer to spend more quiet and relaxed, the mountain can be your ideal destination.
Here we leave our five recommendations …
1. Monteverde: World famous tropical cloud forest, the Monteverde Biological Reserve is one of the most important private protected areas in Costa Rica. It is internationally recognized as a sanctuary for flora, fauna and resources. Here you can find orchids, bromeliads, ferns, lianas and mosses, as well as hundreds of species of birds.
2. La Fortuna: has the Arenal Volcano, one of the most recognized postcards in Costa Rica, as well as a great variety of thermal waters, and spa options, mud massage, and other relaxing treatments.
3. Turrialba: it is surrounded by mountainous structures, volcanoes and evergreen high forests. Near Turrialba, one of the most important archaeological sites for Costa Rica is located, the Guayabo National Monument. Another of the most popular tourist attractions in the area is the practice of rafting on the Reventazón and Pacuare rivers.
4. La Paz Waterfalls: It has long trails among the trees of enormous height, beautiful waterfalls, lodging, and a great variety of species of flora and fauna.
5. Los Santos area: it is characterized by keeping airs of the rural Costa Rica of yesteryear, as well as living the peasant tradition. Wide protected area that protects important river basins. Here are more than 25 endemic species. The Savegre river basin records more than 500 species of birds, so San Gerardo de Dota is ideal for observation.